Now our daily life becomes more digitalized and we are using the internet daily basis. You may notice that when you browse some website it wants you to allow your location. This could be for different reasons.Some website wants to share your location so that they can give you best services. And others are just collecting data from you for their own purpose. Now advanced browser like google chrome, Mozilla firefox, Internet Explorer all are using geolocation services to find your exact location. For security reason, you may not share your geo-location or you may use fake GPS location.
HTML5 Geolocation API:
Before IP address used to determine the location of a user. Then came HTML5 Geolocation API and it has a feature to determine the location more accurately.
How HTML5 Geolocation API works?
A web browser can determine location precisely using WiFi, computer’s IP address, Bluetooth or your cell phone’s location with the help of HTML5 Geolocation API. When you want to share your location by clicking on Allow button this request is sent to Google location services. Then google try to find your coordinate, after getting your exact location google share it with the site.
A few years back it was not an inbuilt feature of a browser but now you may get it in every updated browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer.
How to fake GPS location in chrome manually:
Here’s how you can fake GPS location manually. Before sharing your location browser wants to confirm your location. If you want to share your location then click on allow button or otherwise you may deny it.
Steps to fake GPS location manually:
- Press F12 to open the developer options
- Go to console
- Click on this three vertical dot below.
- From there select Sensor
- There you can select Geolocation or you insert it manually
- Then reload your browser it will take you to fake GPS location.
Note: Make sure you always open the Google developer tools panel. Without it, Chrome will not override your current location.
How to fake GPS location using chrome extension:
Sometimes it may difficult to fake GPS location manually. So here I am telling you guys one more easiest method to do it.
We can do that same thing easily using Chrome extension. Steps to fake GPS location using chrome extension:
- Add chrome extension : Change GeoLocation
- Once you add it , it will appear in the chrome extension bar top right corner. Click on it.
- Then you will see 4 label field will appear.
- First text box type your location name
- Next two field put your location’s latitude and longitude
- Finally, check the On/Off option and save it.
- Select any label among the four and save it to use fake GPS location.
- If you don’t want to use the fake location the unchecked the On/Off check box and save it.
Read more: How to block email in Gmail?