Every day more than 500 million tweets are sent by the Twitter user. You couldn’t imagine that you can search all of them. Today I want to share this hidden Twitter tricks with you: how to use Twitter advanced search. If you’ve been using Twitter already you probably notice that there is a search engine. When you type a specific keyword in their, Twitter will list all the photos it counts tweets videos and users relevant to that keyword. You can use this Twitter advanced search tool for a more specific search for your business.
This is a great tool to find out what your target audience is looking for and what your competitors
are up to. But twitter has an even more powerful search tool and it’s the Twitter advanced search tool. It allows you to refine your search even further so you can find exactly what you’re looking for much more easily.
How to use Twitter Advanced Search?
- In order to access the twitter advanced search tool, you first need to enter your keyword in the search box
- And then on the results page click on the drop-down menu next to more options and select advanced search.
- Or you can simply go directly to https://twitter.com/search-advanced when you’ve logged into Twitter.
- Then fill in the boxes according to what you’re looking for.
- So if you’re running SEO business in the USA and looking to find clients, you could look for people who have tweeted I want SEO help in USA.
- To do so type in I want SEO help next to This exact phrase this will tell Twitter you only want to find people who have tweeted that exact sentence.
- Then scroll down and add the USA as the location.
- You can even select a date range to make sure the leads are not too old.
- Then click on Search and there you go Twitter will list you leads based on your selection criteria as shown in below:
How to track your competitors using Twitter advanced search?
You can even use the Twitter advanced search tool to track your competitors leads.
- For example, let’s say you’re in the SEO industry and your main competitor is XYZ and you want to find out who is interacting with his/her.
- Simply type in a keyword such as SEO tool next to This exact phrase and insert the username of your competitor. In this case is at @XYZ(@SEOprofiler) next you mentioning these accounts. This is only for example purpose.
- Twitter will list all the tweets directed @SEOprofiler which include the keyword SEO tool. You can then start interacting with all these people and can building a relationship with them via Twitter. The sky is the limit with what you can achieve with the Twitter’s advanced search and you can dig as deep as you want.
To really cut through the noise on Twitter and turn your social media into a lead generation machine use Twitter advanced search. Very few people know about this tool so it’s your opportunity to really beat your competition.